Bunting banners are all the rage now for nurseries and other home decor. There are many ways to quickly and simply make one. The one that I made was using an old baby blanket, but you can use whatever fabric or paper you have available. I’ve included basic instructions on how to make one.
Instructions for DIY Bunting Banner with Pennant Flags
1. Make a triangle template by cutting the shape you want out of a piece of cardboard.
2. Use your template to trace your triangles onto your fabric or paper.
3. Cut out your triangles.
4. Use a hole punch or scissors to make a small hole on the top two corners of each flag.
5. String them onto a piece of string or twine, and hang!
This is an easy and fun way to make a set of alphabet letters for your nursery or playroom wall. I made this one using recycled cardboard from old USPS flat rate shipping boxes, but any cardboard boxes would work. Purchasing a set of these letters can cost you upwards of $100, but you can create them yourself for next to nothing using the simple instructions I’ve provided below!
1. Gather cardboard
2. Draw letters onto cardboard.
3. Cut them out.
4. Color them using paint or oil pastels.
5. Hang on wall!
The hardest part of this process is cutting the cardboard. You need to have a good pair of scissors, and a lot of determination. You can also try this using cardstock or some other type of heavy paper. I will be working on a set of downloadable templates for all the letters seen here and will post the link when they become available.