Above is one of my treasuries that made it to Etsy’s front page recently. The front page of Etsy is a coveted spot that many seasoned Etsyians hope to get. How the front pages are chosen, and who chooses them is still very much a mystery. All we really know is that one or more Etsy admins select the treasuries that will make it to the front page. They look for treasuries that include a diverse blend of products and shops, as well as those that reflect current trends. Here are a few of my tips for increasing your chances of having one of your treasuries make it to the front page of Etsy:
1. Select your items carefully, especially the items in the first row because these are the first items that will be seen, making them the most important items in your treasury. These items should entice viewers to click on your treasury to see more.
2. Choose a clever or trendy theme. Think about what type of products are trending. Think about the season/time of year. Consider popular colors and color combinations. You may want to use your theme to help you select a title for your treasury.
3. Make treasuries during “non-peak” times, such as early in the morning, late in the evening, or on weekends. These are the times when Etsy is “not as busy,” meaning the sellers and shop owners are not making as many treasuries. You have a higher chance of your treasury being seen and chosen during these times. Etsy selects a new treasury for each hour of the day (24 treasuries a day).
4. Follow people who are favoriting items that you like and items that are trending. You want to try to include trending items in your treasury because it will help increase your chances of your treasury being chosen.
5. Study the front page to see what types of treasuries are being chosen. Use these treasuries as inspiration for your own treasuries.
6. Be creative and have fun! This is the most important part. If you don’t enjoy it, then it’s not worth doing. Don’t stress yourself out trying to make it to the front page. Making treasuries that you like is what matters most. Those who see it, and share your same taste, will get enjoyment from it.
7. Good luck!
To visit my shop on Etsy and view my other treasuries: www.etsy.com/shop/sordidillusion